Summer Service Updates
Saturday - May 9, 2020 - August 9, 2020
UPDATE 7/28/2020: Summer service will end on Sunday, August 9, 2020 per approval by CyRide's Transit Board of Trustees at their June 24, 2020 board meeting. All dates on the 'online published schedules' for summer have been modified accordingly. School-Year service will begin Monday, August 10, 2020, one week before Iowa State University classes officially begin in Break Service mode. An official Rider Alert will post on Monday, August 3rd detailing the unique break service levels for the week of August 10-16, 2020. Full school-year service begins Monday, August 17, 2020.
UPDATE 7/15/2020: Passengers will begin boarding buses at the front door and paying fares beginning July 15th. See Rider Alert for more information!
UPDATE 6/5/2020: As of Monday, June 8, 2020, the #7 Purple Route will resume full summer service. The #8 Aqua route will not operate the entire summer 2020 due to the Ames City Council closing the Aquatic Center for the season.
CyRide reminds all passengers to switch to the Summer schedule/timetables and Summer route map on Saturday, May 9, 2020! If you have our school year schedules bookmarked in your computer, please change them to the summer starting May 9th.
CyRide will continue to be there for the community's transportation needs and will maintain enhanced disinfecting practices. Due to the lower demand, and in addition to the typical summer service transit reductions, CyRide will temporarily suspend or provide limited trips on three routes (#8 Aqua, #11 Cherry, #23 Orange). All bus routes with suspended or limited services for summer 2020 are listed below:
- #8 Aqua (Update: On May 26, 2020, the Ames City Council voted to not open the Aquatic Center for the summer 2020 season. This route does not operate if the Aquatic Center is closed and therefore will not operate the entire summer 2020.)
- #11 Cherry (maintaining 30-min service; trips not operating are crossed out on the schedule)
- #12 Lilac - does not operate during summer
- #21 Cardinal - does not operate during summer
- #23 Orange (maintaining 30-min service; trips not operating are crossed out on the schedule)
- Moonlight Express - does not operate during summer
CyRide will not operate on Memorial Day, May 25th or Independence Day, July 4th. CyRide will operate a Saturday schedule on Friday, July 3rd.
Please make sure you connect with CyRide on Facebook, Twitter or subscribe to emails via CyRide's E-notification system and to receive updates about detours, bus stop closures or what's new with CyRide’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
"We will continue to monitor this situation as it unfolds and will respond as necessary in partnership with local public health agencies, the City of Ames, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to work together to keep the public safe," Neal said.
You can continue to help CyRide and the Ames community by doing the following:
- If you are sick, stay home.
- Help protect your drivers and fellow riders by wearing a mask on the bus.
- Cover your mouth with your upper arm or a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds OR Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. CyRide is disinfecting our facility and buses several times a day to protect the health of our passengers and employees.