Disinfecting Our Buses & Facility Frequently
At CyRide, our first priority is the safety of passengers, employees and community members. When novel coronavirus approached Iowa, we moved quickly to upgrade cleaning protocols and frequency. CyRide crews now disinfect every bus using battery-powered backpack sprayers containing Ecolab FaciliPro. The sprayers apply a static charge to help pull disinfectants to the entire surface. They disinfect all areas of the bus, including high-touch surfaces – such as buttons, handholds, pull cords, rails, and stanchions – and the transit driver’s work area. This means every morning passengers and drivers board fully disinfected buses across Ames. (See Video below.)
Working hard behind the scenes to keep you healthy! pic.twitter.com/BV20ya0u5t— CyRide (@CyRide) March 12, 2020
"We will continue to monitor the situation and respond as necessary in partnership with local public health agencies, the City of Ames, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to work together to keep the public safe," Neal said.
You can help CyRide and the Ames community by doing the following:
- If you are sick, stay home.
- Cover your mouth with your upper arm or a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds OR Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. (Wait a minute! CyRide's already doing this on our buses and facility to keep our passengers and employees as safe as possible!)