School Year Schedule Begins August 19th!
Monday, August 19th, 2019 is the first day of School Year service which begins in Break Service. Please make sure you utilize the new school year route map, timetables and riding information brochure dated August 19, 2019- May 8, 2020. These brochures are available on any CyRide bus! If you have CyRide's summer schedules bookmarked in your computer, please change them to the school year beginning August 19th - the first day of classes!
Additionally, please note that the full published schedules for #11 Cherry, #12 Lilac, #21 Cardinal, #25 Gold South, and #25 Gold North routes WILL NOT BEGIN OPERATING until Monday, August 26th, as these routes only operate on I S U class days. Iowa State University begins classes on Monday, August 26th when all routes will operate their full schedule.
Again, CyRide is operating a Break Schedule August 19-25th. Essentially, shaded trips and some entire bus routes WILL NOT OPERATE throughout this week. Please utilize the School Year Break Schedule that removes all shaded trips that do not operate depending on the day of service. Specific Weekday, Saturday or Sunday break schedule links & dates are listed below. In addition to the shaded lines on the schedule not operating, the following routes will not operate or may have modified service during this week as indicated below:
- WEEKDAYS (August 19-23, 2019):
- #11 Cherry: Operates modified route August 19-23rd only. Please note, #11 Cherry will not operate during I S U breaks for remainder of year.
- #12 Lilac: Does not operate when I S U is not in session. (Passenger may opt to ride the #11 Cherry route - modified schedule, see below.)
- #21 Cardinal: Does not operate when I S U is not in session. (Passenger may ride #6 Brown or #25 Gold - modified schedule, see below)
- #25 Gold North: Operates modified route & schedule August 19-23rd ONLY. Please note, #25 Gold has a different break schedule & route (I S U Campus - #40 Schilletter only) when I S U is on breaks for remainder of the year. Typical Gold BREAK service will not travel to Towers.
- #25 Gold South: Operates modified route & schedule August 19-23rd ONLY. Please note, #25 Gold has a different break schedule & route (#40 Schilletter - I S U Campus only) when I S U is on breaks for remainder of the year. Typical Gold BREAK service will not travel to Towers.
- Moonlight Express – WILL OPERATE on Friday, August 23rd even though I S U not in session.
- SATURDAY (August 24, 2019) :
- SUNDAY (August 25, 2019):
- #3 Blue route WILL OPERATE ALL SHADED TRIPS August 25th.
Additionally, CyRide is in the process of updating its real-time prediction service which will now be called "MyRide" beginning August 19th! A special rider alert for MyRide will be out prior to August 19th. We anticipate this service being up and running the week of August 19th with the system eventually deploying verbal stop announcements on the buses later this fall. Please be patient with CyRide as we deploy this new technology and migrate information over to Iowa State University's MyState application feature. Look for a rider alert about the new service soon! Passengers may need to look at the online schedules during this first week for schedule information as a result.
Finally, most routes will still be detoured from operating on Union, Bissell, Morrill, Union and Wallace through central campus. Iowa State is not yet finalized with the construction on these corridors but have indicated that the roads will be open to travel on Monday, August 26th. The Central Campus Rider Alert is posted at www.cyride.com that will operate from 8/19/2019 through 8/25/2019 for all routes. The only route not on detour is the #14 Peach route.
If you have any questions regarding modified 2019-2020 School Year service and bus routes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call CyRide at 515-292-1100. Thanks for riding CyRide!