Route Modifications Based on Customer Feedback
Summer 2019 and School Year 2019-2020 Changes
CyRide, the Ames community-wide transit system, completed a major service overhaul in 2018 after receiving extensive user input. CyRide 2.0 was implemented in phases throughout last year. After gathering customer feedback about the revised system, CyRide has planned additional modifications to make the public transit system more beneficial for customers.
“As with any major change, there are opportunities to improve once additional information is gained about how users respond to the change and desire to use services, said CyRide Director Sheri Kyras. “As a result of gaining great feedback from our customers last summer and fall, CyRide is pleased to offer more services this year to the community to make riding transit more convenient in Ames.”
The specific changes and implementation dates are below.
May 13, 2019 (Schedules and maps will be online in April 2019 regarding these changes)
- #9 Plum Route – This route will deviate to the ISU Veterinary Medicine facility, inbound to campus only, to provide a higher level of service to this ISU building year round; buses will run every 20 minutes when the university is in session. (View the new Plum Route map - effective 5/13/2019.)
- Customers wanted direct connection between I S U central campus and Vet Med throughout the entire day
- Customers wanted more frequent access to Vet Med than once an hour
- Veterinary Medicine indicated issues in fulfilling
- #14 Peach Route – This route will travel between North Grand Mall and ISU campus only. The southern portion of the current route will be eliminated; buses will run every 30 minutes year-round on this shortened route. Veterinary Medicine customers will use the #9 Plum route. (View the new Peach Route map - effective 5/13/2019.)
- Customers wanted more frequent service than once an hour.
- Customers wanted direct access to I S U central campus.
- #25 Gold Route – Service will be added between Schilletter Village and campus (Upper Friley) only during summer and ISU break periods; buses will run every 40 minutes.
August 2019 (Schedules will be online in July 2019 regarding these changes)
- #6 Brown Route – Beginning August 26, weekday evening service will be extended two hours from 8:30 to 10:30 p.m.; buses will run every 30 minutes when ISU is in session between North Grand Mall and ISU’s Wallace/Wilson Residence Halls.
- #11 Cherry – Beginning August 26, weekday evening service on this route will be extended two hours from approximately 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.; buses will run every 35 minutes. This service will also operate a limited schedule the week before ISU begins its fall semester. (The limited service schedule the week before classes begins will be released in a Rider Alert in April 2019)
- #12 Lilac Route – Beginning August 26, weekday service will be added to provide a bus between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.; the bus will run every 40 minutes.
- #25 Gold Route – Beginning August 26, several changes will occur on this route. Weekday, daytime service will operate every 12 minutes instead of every 10 minutes; evening service will be extended to operate every 40 minutes between 10:30 p.m. and 12:30 a.m. The extended evening hours will begin on August 26. The daytime service will operate a limited schedule the week before ISU begins its fall semester. (The limited service schedule the week before classes begins will be released in a Rider Alert in April 2019)
- Early Morning Trips – CyRide will add an earlier morning trip on several routes to make service more convenient in the mornings.
For more information, please call CyRide at 515.292.1100.