Summer Schedule & CyRide 2.0 Begins!
Saturday - May 5, 2018
CyRide 2.0 begins this Saturday, May 5th! "CyRide 2.0 changes are the result of more than 18 months of study, gaining community feedback, and planning for a new system that can meet not only current transit demands, but also support the community for years to come,” said CyRide Director Sheri Kyras. CyRide will begin implementing CyRide 2.0 by lowering fares back to 2011 rates and adjusting four current bus routes as well as adding a new zone service called the "EASE" to its structure. The remaining CyRide 2.0 School Year changes will occur this fall beginning August 13, 2018.
With the new summer schedule beginning May 5th, CyRide would like to remind you of the following
- Switch your Bookmarks - Please remember to switch to CyRide's Summer schedule/timetables and Summer route map beginning May 5th this weekend, if you have CyRide's school year schedules bookmarked in your electronic device.
- Fares Reduction - Fares will be reduced back down to 2011 rates effective May 5, 2018! For a full list of the fares and when fare media will be available to purchase, visit www.cyride.com/fares/fares-cyride-2-0. A sample of the price reductions includes:
- $1.00 one-way cash fare (instead of $1.25)
- $10 ticket book (instead of $12)
- $35 monthly pass (instead of $40)
- $80 summer pass (instead of $100)
- Summer Service Changes (View Summer Schedule 2018)
- #4 Gray (eliminated; replaced with new EASE service)
- #5 Yellow (all day 30-minute service from City Hall, Monday - Saturday)
- #9 Plum (40-minute service operated during summer weekdays)
- #10 Pink (eliminated; replaced with new EASE service)
- EASE (East Ames Service Extension) - new curb-to-curb zone service (leaves hourly from City Hall traveling to E. Ames)
- Aqua Route - The #8 Aqua route will begin operating on Saturday, May 26th and continues to operate through Sunday, August 12, 2018 to the Furman Aquatic Center. As a reminder, the #8 Aqua Route will not operate on the days the Furman Aquatic Center is closed to the public which are posted as they occur on www.facebook.com/FurmanAquaticCenter/.
- Summer Holidays - CyRide will not operate bus service on Memorial Day, May 28th or Independence Day, July 4th holidays.
Please note that the following routes that operated during the school year do not traditionally operate in the summer due to reduced demand: #6A Brown-Towers, #21 Cardinal and Moonlight Express. Additionally, #22 Gold and #24 Silver routes will not return next fall under CyRide 2.0 modifications.
Lastly, make sure you connect with CyRide on Facebook, Twitter or subscribe to emails via CyRide's E-notification system and receive CyRide's latest about detours, bus stop closures or what's new with CyRide! Have a great summer!